- The first step is to confirm that your organization has SECURESPACE added to your subscription. An admin with access to the billing page in eSPACE can confirm or add this if needed.
- When you add SECURESPACE to your subscription, there is a 1-time setup fee and an on going subscription charge.
- To see our latest pricing, please visit the pricing page on our website: https://www.smartchurchsolutions.com/software/pricing/
- It is your responsibility to confirm and agree to any additional pricing that Brivo may include for their role in this integration.
- Once SECURESPACE is added to your eSPACE subscription, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can initiate the integration. Only after this is complete will you see the specific door option on your FACILITeSPACE account under Access control in the left side menu (assuming the admin on your organization’s eSPACE account has granted you access to see FACILITeSPACE).
- Once you have access to FACILITeSPACE - SECURESPACE for your specific door company, you may grant other eSPACE users access to FACILITeSPACE -SECURESPACE. To do this click Settings > Users in the FACILITeSPACE on the left navigation menu. Then under each person’s profile within the FACILITeSPACE Permissions you can enable access to SECURESPACE for them and click save.
Contacting Brivo For Integration Information & Activating your Account
- In order to get the information that is needed to actually link eSPACE/FACILITeSPACE/SECURESPACE to your Brivo doors, you will need to obtain information from Brivo to enter into your FACILITeSPACE account. To assist with this request, you may elect to copy and paste the following into an email to your Brivo contact:
- “Hello,We are a Smart Church Solutions/eSPACE customer and we want to integrate our Brivo doors with our eSPACE account. We need a quote for the Brivo API and the form that we need to fill out (as provided by Brivo) so we can send it to BrivoAPI@brivo.com. Then we need to have the Brivo API activated on our Brivo account. Can you please help me with this?Thank you!”
- Once Brivo activates the API on your account, they will send you an email with the API Key. This key is the first part of the information that you will need to copy and paste into the Credential Setup under your FACILITeSPACE/Access Control/Brivo Doors Setup.
- Complete the rest of the information in FACILITeSPACE by creating the API username and password in your Brivo account.
- To do this, you will first need to log into your Brivo account and click on Configuration/Applications Management.
- On the Applications Management tab, you will need to add a name and description under “Create a New Application”. You can name both eSPACE.
- Next, you will need to select “Password” as the Authentication Type.
- Finally, you will need to click the “Create Application” button.
- Once you click on “Create Application”, the information that you need will be generated and added under “Account Owned Applications” section below.
- In order to then copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret from your Brivo account and paste it into your FACILITeSPACE account, you will need to click on the icon under Application Details and then copy it from the pop-up box that appears.
- Next, you can copy the Brivo Access Admin ID info for FACILITeSPACE by clicking on your user profile icon in Brivo, next to where it says Admin ID.
- The last box in FACILITeSPACE, Brivo Access Admin Password, needs to be the same password that you use to log into your Brivo account.
- Click Save in FACILITeSPACE after entering all the info.
Setting Automatic Unlocking & Relocking Buffers
After typing in the credentials for your FACILITeSPACE account to link to your Brivo door account, you may now set up what you want your “Buffers” to be (how far in advance before the event do they want the doors to unlock and how far after the end of an event do they want the doors to relock) and save those settings.
Importing Doors from Brivo into FACILITeSPACE
You are now ready to click “Start Discovery Process”, which will import all of the doors on your Brivo account into FACILITeSPACE.
Assigning Doors to Spaces
Assign the correct spaces in eSPACE to the correct doors in Brivo in FACILITeSPACE.
Door API Calls
This integration checks every 2 minutes to see if there is a new schedule to “push to the doors”. It is a “live push”, so it is not limited to a certain amount of event schedules into the Brivo doors.
Door Logs in eSPACE
In order to see the doors logs in eSPACE to confirm that eSPACE tried to send the “unlock” and “relock” commands go to FACILITeSPACE.>Access Control > Brivo Door Setup and click the plus symbol to the left of any door (you may sort the logs by time by clicking in the empty space of the “Created On” column).